Commitment Required: 6 months
Purpose of Internship
Hesabika Trust is a catalyst for values-driven socio-economic transformation of the country, driven by the vision of translating concern into action, through various programs in line with three key priority areas, namely: Marketplace Ministry; Church in Society Ministry, and Mentorship and Internship Ministry. The purpose of this internship position is to offer administrative support to Hesabika Trust, mainly for the activities involving the implementation of Governance Internship Programme (GIPro) for the specified period.
Duties of the Intern
The Intern will be responsible to do the following duties;
- General Administration and Communication
- Support the logistical plans for the various GIPro trainings and meetings.
- Maintain communication with the supporters and build relations.
- Record keeping and filing of all the relevant documents for the organization.
- Support the Coordinator in making follow up and communications to the interns.
- In liaison with the Coordinator, coordinate the volunteers and short-term consultants that Hesabika may engage from time to time
- General office maintenance and keeping good custody of office assets.
- Accounts and Finance
- Manage the petty cash and bookkeeping.
- Preparation of requisitions, payroll and timely payment of all the statutory dues.
- Update the cash flow forecast and keep track of the budget.
- Support the budget preparation process for 2022.
- Support the procurement process in adherence to the financial policies
- Maintain good relationship with Hesabika suppliers and service providers
The successful candidate will be a versatile person, who combines job-specific competences with a passion for social transformation and service. The individual must be able to work under minimal supervision, and meet the following minimum requirements:
- A committed Christian and preferably in CU leadership while at university.
- University degree in a business related field or another with transferable skills, and demonstrable work experience in administration and logistics planning.
- Practical experience in accounting and use of accounting software
- Good communications, writing skills and attention to detail.
- Good people relations skills
- Heart for service and volunteerism
- Willingness and readiness to learn
If interested, and you meet the criteria above, please use this link https://forms.gle/h5UMRB1EawwuexK78 by COB Friday 7 October 2022. Recruitment is on rolling basis.