Hesabika is a catalyst for values-driven, moral, and socio-economic transformation of Kenya. It is a call to stand up and be counted as salt of the earth and light of the world in every sector of society. One of Hesabika’s priorities is mentoring, resourcing, and releasing the next generation of leaders for every sector of society. In pursuit of this goal, we are running the second cohort of the Governance Internship Program (GIPro), aimed at developing values- driven leaders for the public sector. Successful candidates will go through 12 months of intensive training, mentorship, coaching and internship in government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs). In 2021, GIPro Interns were placed in the Directorate of Immigration, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Devolution, National Youth Council, KYEOP, KEPHIS, PPRA, NCIC, among other state departments and organizations. Ultimately, this program and the training experience is intended to contribute to the pipeline of leadership development of young graduates from student life to transformational service as ethical public servants and change champions that Kenya needs. To realize this goal, Hesabika is looking for Mentors, who share Hesabika’s vision and Christian commitment, and are willing to journey with an Intern for a year, to invest themselves in strengthening their values, leadership skills and vision for service in the public sector.
“GIPro is a game changer because we just don’t want Interns for the sake of Interns; we want people who can change the world…” ~ Hon. Rachael Shebesh, CAS Public Service, Gender, Senior Citizens’ Affairs and Special Programmes.
“GIPro is playing a very important role in enhancing accountability and transparency within public service. GIPro Interns have shown high productivity and good interpersonal relations between the public servants and the clients” ~ Dr. Joseph Katam, Deputy National Project Coordinator, Kenya Youth Employment Opportunities Project (KYEOP), GIPro 2021 Internship Supervisor.
“My Intern got a clearer picture of the need for faithful witness in public service. He also got in situations that demonstrated the need for upholding godly values in the workplace” ~ Martin Amani, Deputy Director M&E, Tana River County, GIPro 2021 Cohort Mentor.
Do you or someone you know meet the following minimum criteria for consideration?
- A mature, born-again Christian and actively involved in a local church
- At least five (5) years’ service in the public sector, and with some supervisory experience at workplace
- Passion for mentoring young people – including, but not limited to young professionals (some experience is desirable)
- A person who can identify with, and support the Hesabika vision, mission, and core values
- Good interpersonal skills, and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, including political opinions
- A good working knowledge of Kenya’s socio-political issues and current affairs
- Availability to journey with an Intern for a year of mentorship and leadership development – GIPro Mentors will attend capacity-building sessions, and at least 6 bi-monthly half-day mentoring forums in Nairobi running from August 2022 – June 2023
Besides the opportunity to invest in the next generation of public sector leaders, GIPro Mentors will increase their capacity for coaching through ongoing training, peer-learning, and participation in a growing network of influence as Christians in governance.
For more information about the Governance Internship Program (GIPro), please visit Click here
If interested, and you fit the minimum criteria above, please Apply Here by COB Thursday 30 June 2022.